You’re probably looking at your bare desk or unexciting living room and wondering how you can inject some life into it. You’ve heard plants are the new wave, but you’re not the best at caring for plants. Succulents are the perfect solution for a low-maintenance plant, but you may be thinking, “where can I find succulents near me?”
Succulents are one of the most popular plants nowadays. They have that desert-chic look, are extremely easy to care for, and available almost anywhere. So where can you find succulents, and which ones are the most popular varieties?
Table of Contents
Are Succulents Easy to Find?
Yes, they are! Succulents are quite common and come in vast amount of shapes and sizes. You’re probably already familiar with a few, even if you can’t name them off the top of your head. Succulents are those small, cute plants with leaves that grow in hypnotic patterns. Some succulent plants can have bulbous, spiky leaves or long, thick leaves that seem to reach for the sun. There are over 10,000 different species of succulents for you to choose from!
Typically found in dry, arid regions, succulents are very drought-resistant plants. Succulent plants usually have thick, fleshy leaves, stems, or roots that can store water, allowing them to survive prolonged periods without water. Here are a few common succulent types:
- Cactus: Characterized by their distinct spherical or cylindrical shape and spines, cacti are most commonly found in the deserts around the world
- Aloe: A genus of over 400 species of plants characterized by upright, thick leaves; Aloe vera plant care is easy, and they also have that sticky sap that helps with burns
- Jade Plant: With thick stems and bright green oval-shaped leaves, jade plants are easy to care for and are extremely popular houseplants because they resemble miniature trees
How Can I Find Succulents Near Me?
Succulents can be found almost anywhere and are likely just a short drive away. They’re popularly found at home improvement stores (Home Depot, Lowe’s, etc.), plant nurseries, or even some large department stores. Here’s a quick and easy way to use Google Maps to find where to buy your succulents:
- Navigate to Google Maps on your browser. Or use the Google Maps app on your phone or tablet. Make sure that your location is turned on, so Maps knows where you are.
- In the search bar, type “succulents.” Press enter or click the magnifying glass.
- A list of stores that sell succulents will appear along with a pin designating their location on the map.
- Browse the store list and consider the type of store, distance from you, hours, and any other general information.
- Tip: A plant nursery generally has a better selection than other stores and likely has employees that are more knowledgeable about plants!
- Select the store you want to check out and route your way there!
How to Find Succulents Online
If you aren’t too keen about going to buy succulents in person or want an easier way to find the perfect succulent from the comfort of your home, you can try shopping online. Plants are more and more often bought online nowadays because it’s so darn convenient.
There are a lot of online plant retailers, but Planted Pot is a fantastic choice. We’re a small company of plant enthusiasts, and our plants are specially curated to be perfect houseplants. But enough about us, our succulents can speak for themselves! Check out a few unique succulents from our collection:
This succulent may be small, but it packs a paw-ch! I mean, just look at it, the chunky oval leaves have “claws” at the tip of them, making them look like upturned bear paws. If you’re lucky, it’ll form large orange bell-shaped flowers in the spring.
Lola succulents are the perfect home decor! They have that eye-catching icy purple color and are shaped in a perfect rosette. At around 4 inches wide, they’re small enough to put anywhere.
Ripple Jade succulents are similar to classic Jade plants but with a twist (or ripple?). They have that vivid green color typical of Jade plants but with cool, rippling leaves, giving it a unique lettuce-like look.
What to Look for When Shopping for Succulents
If you’re shopping for succulents in person, you have to be able to tell if the plant is healthy and being cared for.
- Do the eye test: scan the succulent for brown or thin leaves (remember, succulent leaves are typically plump to store water) or even dead leaves.
- Do the finger test: carefully stick your finger in the soil. If it’s bone dry, the succulent may be under-watered; slightly moist soil means it’s properly cared for.
If you’re planning on ordering your succulent online, double-check the store’s shipping and packaging procedures to make sure your plant will arrive safely. Here are some things to look out for:
- Shipping time: This is the most important factor for plants because the longer it takes to get to you, the higher chance your plant will arrive in bad shape. However, succulents can last a bit longer than normal plants.
- Health guarantee: In the off-chance, your plant arrives damaged or dying, make sure it can be easily returned or replaced.
- Packaging: Succulents can be shipped either bare root or with a container. Both are okay if it’s properly packaged, but it doesn’t hurt to know what you’re getting. If the store’s packaging procedures are available, make sure they’re thorough so your plant arrives safely.
Why Choose Planted Pot?
Planted Pot is a new and modern plant nursery focused on quality plants that instantly boost your mood and enhance your decor. We have a wide variety of exotic plants you might not find locally, including the Norfolk Island Pine, the Monstera Deliciosa, and the Calathea Rattlesnake.
Planted Pot is all about healthy, stunning plants that are easy to care for and are perfect for any household and any level of gardening experience. We have a passion for plants and their beauty and want to share that with our customers. You can trust that our plants arrive healthily and will thrive in your home. And if you have any questions or concerns about your plant, check out our plant care tips and tricks!
Final Thoughts – Succulents Near Me
Going out there and getting a succulent is a great way to take the first step in your plant journey! Succulents are easy to care for and can be one of the most rewarding plants you own. Think about it – succulents don’t need a lot of water, so you probably won’t kill them. You will very likely see them grow and blossom and live a full life. And who knows? You may get other plants, and (depending on your green thumb level) those may live or die, but in the end, who’s going to be by your side? Your trusty succulent.